Friday, December 01, 2006

Industry9 - oh yeah!

So results are up for the 6hour, a 5th place finish for myself is where I'd thought I'd finished, but still surprised myself. I thought it was a good kick start to some training but that kinda fell in a heap. Only been on the bike twice since - one of those times the 20km round trip to/from work so barely counts. Work is flat-knacker, went from no shifts to 36 hours this week, plus the work Christmas party writing off the following day and we see a distinct lack of ride time.

Day off tomorrow though so the hell ride it is with Damage and Co. I'm assuming a distinct lack of MTBers there though as the Kona 24hr is on this weekend. Hopefully Ash will be keeping us updated live via Felt Racing. Also good luck to Luke our friend from the UK who only today confirmed he had a bike when he picked Damage's up from work.

In other news, and definitely the most exciting - my Industry9 wheels showed up last night. Laced with the lighter of the options in hubs and spokes to Stan's ZTR355 rims I've ended up with a wheelset weighing in at 1445grams. Add to that the amazing stiffness and the hub quality and reliability of a King and you have what must be close to the best wheelset around for us XC guys. Thanks to Shannon at MTBPrecision for the time he's spent organising them for me. Look forward to some pics and a ride report as soon as I have the time to firstly get them on the bike, and secondly get myself on the bike for a ride.

No comments: