Monday, December 11, 2006

Hot - the weather, not the bike...OK that's hot too

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


There we go, the race bike is done ready for the summer, click the piccies if you want to see 'em bigger. Smack bang on 8.9kg as it's pictured so I'm pretty chuffed to say the least.

Not so good was yesterday's first round of the State Series run out at Officer by the Fatties. It's nice to go ride around, and that's all it was for me yesterday. The Polar tells me the temps were averaging 41 DC's, maxing out at 43 and I didn't have the intensity in me to start with, let alone to race in that weather. First lap sees the bottle escape from its prison three times in five minutes, then a brain fart sees a bad line and a ripped sidewall aka flat tyre. So no liquid and a flat resulted in a 29 minute lap when it should have been 24 and hence saw me in survival mode for the next three laps, a finish would be good enough - thanks to the whoever made the call to reduce the lap count, it was brutal enough.

Chugging along at snails pace, drinking half a litre every 10 minutes, I started to see some sense in my actions as guys I thought had left me for dead were dropping like flies in the heat. I ended up way off the pace with Scotty Chancelor blitzing the field for the W. Being last was finisher still meant 6th though and some points, almost 5th but Lewie caught a glimpse of me chasing and pulled the finger out - who's up for invisible lycra? Dan B's pedal fell off ending the battle at the front end of Elite leaving Winny to smash through the five laps solo for a four minute win. Good to see the Mont dust is all gone, he can breathe and is back on some pace for next week's National Round in Thredbo.


Well that's it for my racing until 2007, I aint making the trek to Thredbo. Plenty of riding though, afterall - I should be picking up a new GT Peace Single Speed today so I'll have to make use of it.

No comments: