Wednesday, January 03, 2007

OK, OK, I'll update

HMMM, December 21 - how the time flies - that's when you last heard from me. Christmas has gone, New Years has gone and I'm only updating it now so Ash doesn't e-yell at me anymore.

So what did Santa bring me - of most importance is the UGG boots, mmm, bring on winter and warm feet. Other things to note - the olds chipped in on the new helmet (carbon goodness on a Specialized Decibel) and Sis managed to swing me some schwag from Venice (a couple of Italian Silk Ties - probably worth more than my suit).

Made my brothers day with some flip flops - the trendy havanas (or however the hell you spell that) - accompanied by some SUGA - if you don't know Suga you need to find one - anyway both he and i highly recommend the Rhubarb and custard. Mum was pretty chuffed aswell - no longer does she have a little terracotta pot of little open packets of herbs and spices that end up spilt all over the kitchen. Bubs (little bro) and I hooked her up with a sweet spinning chrome/class/sprinkly top spice rack that fits perfectly after my custom mods.

New Years saw no plans until about 9 on the Eve - ended up at a mate's ex's house in Bayswater for a very bogan party. Not a big night but always good to catch up with some people you haven't seen in a while. The earlyish night meant one thing though - New Years Day riding. Goldcross softed out and decided not to open so I was free as a bird to hit the bergs on the roadie. Up the 1in20, down Belgrave Ferny Creek Road/Terry Avenue (no pedalling, on the brakes, 90km/h - a couple more runs and I'm thinking I'll crack the hunjie), up
Sherbrooke Road, down The Crescent/Sass Creek Road, up Perrins Creek Road and then down the 1in20 saw me pretty happy. Not too much hurt and not too slow either.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The altitude profile from the bergs ride - mmm, fun. 150bpm average.

Other than that riding has been limited to some beach road action after work. However, I have been getting a fair bit in so hopefully there is still some resemblance of fitness for the second state round this weekend at Mt. Beauty. Going up saturday with J-Bus for a looksee at the track, he's hooked me up with a bed for the night at a very reasonable $10 so all is set. Even managed to get some tech skills tuning in on the MTB tonight with the Fatties crew aswell as a burn around Lysterfield solo just on twilight last Friday. Stay tuned for a report - and hopefully some of my own personal piccies of the sweet new Felt Virtues - rumour has it Paul VDP will have his for the weekend.

No comments: