Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Rain = Railing

Not much on the riding front this week, one burn around Lysterfield on Saturday morning with a bunch of the ex-Bikenow crew and that was it. A few sore heads from Norris' shindig the night before but the trails were in prime condition thanks to the rain, absolutely railing, so a good day was had. I'm not racing Chase The Sun next Sunday but for those who are, you're in for a good one if similar conditions are replicated.

The lack of riding is due to next week's mid-semester break from uni, and the rush to get work done before it. That's pretty much over now, so it's time to catch up on some sleep (it's hovered between 3 and 6 hours a night since the marathon 9 days ago), and get some riding done which will hopefully include an Eva epic up around Mt. Buller over Easter. Either way, chamois time is required before the S.H.I.T.S in Beechworth on the 14th.

Now that the Uni rush is over for the moment I finally got around to downloading the data from the Polar - if anyone's interested the Altitude Profile from the BHE Marathon 90km course is below. I thought the first 20km was hard, now I know it was.


Lastly, if anyone has a 16 tooth cassette style single speed cog lying around give me a bell, I need one.

No comments: