Thursday, July 19, 2007

Want bike bits? Be a dentist!

Castlemaine wasn't all good - I did manage to chew the stem, literally!

21 years of perfect dental hygiene, never a hole nor a filling and I take a chunk out of my front tooth trying to eat the top cap. Supposedly it's cracked straight up the middle as well, but if I can't see it it's not there, right?

We'll not go into details but it involved some cyclocross maneuvers to pass some slower riders and the front wheel bouncing off a rock rocketing the top cap into my face. What followed was a quick remount complete with spitting of toothy bits.

Moral of the story. If you've got expensive taste in bike bits you should be a dentist. 15 minutes I was in the chair for that $150.

PS. Twin Unicas Velocidades - if anyone's wondering where it came from it's quite simple. Twin Single Speeds in Portuguese.

2 comments:

Ash Thomas said...

updates.....

Tim Bateman said...

Grover, I see Ebay is awash with your wares! You don't have any RF Turbines for sale do you ? Square Taper, ISIS, it is all good !