Sunday, August 12, 2007

Eight grand anyone?

A spot of bike couriering over the weekend brought a few experiences. With my ebay garage sale of last week, 20 items, I had a few packages to deliver so I loaded up and boarded the 'dale for some urban adventures. Three hours later I'd offloaded everything and found myself on Victoria Street playing with the taxi's.

Seriously, how do more people not die when Taxi drivers are out there, driving in total ignorance of lanes, mirrors or indicators while on the phone? Managed to leave some cleat marks and a very nearly broken window after one decided to cut me off while merging lanes. No damage to me or the bike but had to let him know I wasn't happy. I eventually arrived at what has to be close to the most 'blinged' store in Melbourne, The Rouleur in Johnston Street Abbotsford. Website sucks, but that's understandable with the amount of drooling time they must do with the quality of their showroom. Anyone know another store that has a Parlee, 4 BMC's, a couple of Time's, a Merckx, a about 6 Kuota's on their floor? Not to mention these.

LEW VT-1 - 867 grams, the PAIR!

If you've got a spare 8g's burning a hole in your pocket you can get yourself onto a pair of these. Pictured are the demo pair if you're keen. No they didn't want to let me 'demo' them at Uni Games. I think I'd be scared to actually use them anyway.

Triple flange on the rear...and yes. Carbon hubs, rims and spokes!

They did ask me to do a couple of hours of mechanicing though so left with a bit of cash. Ended up with close to 4 hours in the legs as well so not a bad day, especially accompanied by the brilliance from Sweden that is Basshunter loaded on the 'Pod. Unfortunately it wasn't backed up today due to a combo of getting home at 4am (good night) and work.

Wednesday night ride this week is the first run for that Middleburn prettiness shown previously. See you all there, and there's soon to be another midweek training option. I'm jumping on the 'cross wagon with Sam Bach trying to get together Tuesday night CX riding. Now to find myself a 'skinny-and-knobby-in-one' bike, more details when it happens.

No comments: