Monday, March 24, 2008

A month later

and I've turned a pedal again. Now back to regular programming. Four weeks ago I survived Otways, then I had my wisdom teeth out, then I got sick, and now it's Easter and a week until another MTB epic in the form of 'The Gut Full' marathon. Luckily Easter meant some instant fitness (fingers crossed) up one decent berg in the form of Mt Buller with the Monash Uni bunch. Not much to be said about roadie time other than 3 days and 5 ascents of Buller amongst other k's. To liven things up here's a couple of piccies from the DH State Champs of that guy that used to ride up hill as well, Sleeman doing the DH thing.





Another guy that just has to be mentioned is the Orbea enduro wonder kid. Now he's of legal age he's done his first 24, which just happened to double as Nationals. I got a message with 3.5 hours to go saying he was 1st U25, 7th overall and a broken man. So broken that he picked up another couple of overall positions to finish 5th overall and take out the U25 National Championship. Well done Scott!

1 comment:

Ash Thomas said...

you know what, I reckon that after English, Scotty was the most lucid man on course. Every cheer I gave got matched with a wave, or at least a glance and a smile.

He did it his way, the whole way, and determination and a great pit crew got him done!