Monday, November 03, 2008

Road Trippin' with TORQ

Headed to Adelaide last weekend for round 1 of the 2008/09 National Series. Jimbus finished work at 6 so we grabbed some dinner...

filled the beast...

and were on our way...

darkness came...

and Jimbus got to try out his new driving lights...

Picture doesn't do them justice, would love a set of them on the helmet for some night trails.

Gen's instructions were spot on, but Adelaide is a maze so after a few u-turns we managed to find Hotel Torq at 3am.


Eagle Park got a recall to the National Series after a successful event last year and what a track, after a few laps on Friday post sleep-in I was rather looking forward to another five the next day.

Sidenote; Robbie has very mobile patellas.


Raceday came and event central was super busy, especially with SRAM launching their Hammerschmidt cranksets and Sam Hill in attendence.


SRAM was everywhere, even giving Steele some compressive goodness on a strained calf.

Thanks to Tim Rowe for this pic...who shouldn't have been walking around in the sun taking pictures an hour before his race.

I managed the wholeshot in Expert, came through the feed zone with a 15 second gap and was feeling quite comfortable tackling the switchback climb for the second time...until my freehub turned fixed hub and my chances were shot. Removing the chain I walked/rolled the remainder of the lap on which I went from first to lapped out. Ah well, that's racing. At least I scored a finish.

Tagging along with Team Torq was definitely one of the best ways to do it. Friends make the best team mates and these guys and girls are all friends. Rockin' the skinsuits was a good talking point and they seemed to help with solid results all weekend, especially from the girls who couldn't keep themselves off the podium. Dominant in the start...

Dominant climbing...

Dominant descending...


I also had a crack at the short track although this time I suited up in Elite, with Torq all over the front again.

I had goodish legs, but got too excited early and fried myself.

I rode in no mans land until I was lapped.

Thus brought an end to my first visit to Adelaide (next time I'm taking a map). Results are up. Thanks to Gen, Dean, Jimbus and the whole Torq crew for their hospitality.

Road Trip!

No comments: