Tuesday, January 05, 2010

The Numbers Game

Unfortunately I didn't figure it out quick enough. For the last few years my Boxing Day to New Years has been spent in Mount Beauty alternating days on the mtb with days on the roadie for a solid block of chamois time. This time around being a member of the full time workforce I had to scale it back to three days and packed as much as I could into them.

Decent view from the summit of Mt. Buffalo

For those familiar with Trainingpeaks my TSS for the 3 days was 750 which raised my CTL 13 points. About 250% of my usual training load. Can anyone guess what the result was?

Don't fall!

Sick! Yep you guessed it. The positives; the last day I was still fresh enough for a 40 minute climb of Falls Creek at 310 watts without feeling trashed at the top and I certainly know a bit more about my limits. The negatives; a week later and I'm still producing record amounts of fluro yellow sputum and the calendar until Feb 1 includes Road Nationals, MTB Nationals, a MTB National Round and the Tour of Wellington. This is gonna hurt.

No comments: